Sunday, March 29, 2009

Enlightenment

I went to one of the most famous sightseeing spot in WuXi (无锡), Buddha of Lin Shan Mountain. (灵山大佛)

I don't have a religion myself, and I never thought of having one, but I am constantly seeking for a peace of mind without the religion help.

Being there, I didn't do any worship activity, I just simply make myself fully engaged with the natural environment on the mountain.

The atmosphere there is great, just like the name of it- Lin Shan (Mountain of Spirit). The whole mountain is covered by spring fresh green tea (碧螺春) and blossom flowers. The big Buddha standing in the middle, facing the famous Tai Hu (second largest lake in China).

There's not a lot of people, not many cars, not many noise. I am covered by the fresh mountain air with the bliss of spring.

I found a peace of mind, right there, at that moment.

I am not sure if this will be called as "enlightenment", it is just a state that my mind is blank.

My mind is blank, I am not thinking about anything but I am alive.

Then slowly, I have this vision, is a great plain field surrounded by mountain, the opening is to the sky and the ocean, is bright and warm.

Suddenly I accepted the fundamental true of life: when there's nobody there for you, nature will take care of you. Loneliness is just a state to achieve something more, you will reach a stage that normal people won't, if you never experience the ultimate loneliness.

I really don't need anybody right now. I am just glad that I am standing here and breathing, what more do I want?

And I start thinking about the reason that my boss strongly discourage me to visit Tibet, because I might really end up staying there and never come back.

Because, without my notice, I have grown up from those hurts and pains, I have absorb the ugliest side of the world and dissolved them.

No comments: