Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dream a little dream

I start having strange dreams...

I dream that I was skiing on ground, on the top of a hill in Hong Kong, exactly the same hill I saw on a movie yesterday. With a good view of the city, long grass field across the hill, on a bright sunny day.

I was in T-shirt and shorts, wearing my ski and boots, riding down the rocky road in full speed without my poles.

I could feel the bumpiness, I can feel every single rock that scratches the bottom of my ski. Then I put on my helmet on the run (just in case some cars hit me), and here come a small hill, and I just jump off the hill with perfect landing on the grass.

This is insane and I think I am going crazy. I thought I can forget about the white powder after coming back to China. You got it, the white powder, like heroin.

I found myself wondering on the street on a Sunday afternoon, nothing at all interest me, the crowd, the yelling, the loud music from the store, the stalls that along the street with antique stuff, the fancy dress and sweater and this and that... until I saw a kick ass beanie.

How can I find excitement again when there's no snow? I think what's killing me now is knowing there's snow somewhere and knowing there's way to get there, be there and start riding.

I check my bank account and there's plentiful to spend...

Skiing is like my secret lover, so seductive and irresistible. I would really want to say my favorite quote to it everytime I put it on: " I wish I knew how to quit you!" But the addiction is hard to quit, because it makes me smile eventhough is just in my mind.

It is not easy to go to any ski resort here in China, and I don't count on meeting quality rider to go with me, it will be all by myself.

Maybe I can spend all these time practice loneliness and keep my training schedule, a lot of running, push up, yoga, make sure I am fit for the slope.

When I am fit and no fear of being lonely, I guess I can start my on journey of seeking the white powder.

(PS: I don't really know how to ride on powder yet, but I have an image about it... I guess when I get a hang on it, I will never ride on powder, I will be floating on it.)

1 comment:

aurora borealis said...

hey ven,

just a quick note, merry x'mas!
talk to ya soon !


eddy